OMT International Certificate in Osteopathic and Chiropractic Manipulations (Level I)
2-day practical course
This course will cover spinal manipulative techniques for the following sections: cervical thoracic junction (C7-T1), thoracic spine (T1-T12), ribs, thoracic lumbar junction (T12-L1), lumbar spine (L1-S1).
Please note that the official language of the course is English
Location: Athens, Greece
OMT Training is the leading UK training provider in manual therapy courses. OMT Training has trained the medical staff of Premier League football clubs including Liverpool FC, Manchester City FC, Arsenal FC, Crystal Palace FC, Southampton FC and others. (https://www.omttraining.co.uk/)
OMT Training will introduce the participants into the theoretical and practical principals of using Manipulation techniques within a clinical setting for the treatment of a number of musculoskeletal conditions.
This course will give students the following:
• Safe, sound and effective background in the use of Osteopathic and Chiropractic Manipulation.
• Offer participants a fantastic new skill base with which they can use within their clinical practice.
• Discuss scientific evidence for the use of manipulation techniques.
• Discuss current research for the use of manipulation.
• Relate the use of manipulation to the treatment of acute and chronic pain, and for a number of musculoskeletal conditions.
• Give students a high level of safety, clinical competence and overall the confidence to use manipulation techniques.
At the completion of Osteopathic and Chiropractic Manipulation course, students will be able to:
1. Discuss current best evidence relating to the use of High Velocity Thrust (HVT) thrust techniques.
2. Describe risks and benefits of HVT thrust techniques as applicable to each region of the spine.
3. Describe absolute and relative contraindications of HVT thrust techniques.
4. Discuss evidence supporting the use and interpretation of clinical tests, Quadrant testing, Slump testing, Straight leg Raise (SLR).
5. Discuss the rationale for the use of HVT thrust techniques.
6. Describe and demonstrate spinal positioning and locking in different regions of the spine necessary to ensure patient comfort, safety and the effective delivery of HVT thrust techniques.
7. Demonstrate proficiency in the delivery of HVT thrust techniques for thoracic, lumbar, and sacroiliac regions.
1. Course handbooks will be provided, and the content of the handbook will be underpinned by a structured PowerPoint presentation by the lecturers.
2. Students will be expected to take extra notes regarding areas and techniques that will require more specific explanation or detailed clarification.
3. The handbook and PowerPoint’s are solely to be used as an aid memoire; the lecturers will adapt the content of the course depending on the student’s backgrounds or therapeutic discipline.
4. Students are ADVISED to refresh their knowledge of relevant anatomy and physiology prior to attending the course, if students fail to show the required level of knowledge, they can be asked to leave the course.
Resources and Materials
Full handbooks will be available for each student, although you are also advised to take notes, photos and videos where appropriate for your own learning.
Mr Jimmy Michael | Osteopath
Jimmy is a specialist MSK Osteopath registered in the U.K. He is passionate about manual therapy and applying correct and effective techniques, he was the lead author on an internationally published scientific research journal on hand and thumb pain in manual therapy and how to look at risk factors and strategies to deal with it. He has written 3 books, and a large amount of scientific research in this field. He has a clinic in Wimpole St, London (www.osteon.co.uk) along with Mr Giles Gyer where he treats patients from all over the world.
Jimmy has been lecturing in the field of manual therapy and for a number of years and this keeps him at the forefront of all new and adaptive techniques. He has lectured professional from all fields of manual therapy and he travels the UK teaching others from single practitioners, to universities and premier league football medical teams.
Jimmy has worked with Liverpool F.C., Manchester City F.C, Arsenal F.C., Crystal Palace F.C, Southampton F.C., the NBA in America and has worked in over 27 countries worldwide.
Mr Giles Gyer | Osteopath
Giles graduated with distinction, awards in clinical excellence and special achievement as an Osteopath and is a specialist MSK Osteopath registered in the U.K. As a strong structural Osteopath, he combines rehabilitation exercises and multiple techniques within his treatments and has worked with patients from office workers to international athletes.
When he is not treating patients, Giles is part of a training company lecturing and teaching Medical Acupuncture, Manipulative therapy and Clinical Kinesiology taping to a range of manual therapists and doctors throughout the United Kingdom and is published in Medical and Electro-Acupuncture, Osteopathic Spinal and Peripheral Joint Articulations and Osteopathic and Chiropractic Techniques.
Giles has worked with Liverpool F.C., Manchester City F.C, Arsenal F.C., Crystal Palace F.C, Southampton F.C., the NBA in America and has worked in over 27 countries worldwide.
Venue & Time
Fresh Hotel Athens
26 Sofokleous, Athens 105 52, Greece
9:00am to 4:00pm
Registration & Course Fees
The course is aimed at healthcare professionals/students; Doctors, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Athletic Therapists, Chiropractors, and others manual therapy practitioners.
Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Early bird fee: 485€
Regular fee: 540€
To book your place and check the early bird and regular fee deadlines, please click the "Book your place" button below. Please note that the reservation is only effective upon receipt of payment.
Upcoming Events: Spinal Manipulation